- 2013 In Review
- December 30th, 2013
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
I asked someone to be my Valentine.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I screwed everything up. And yes I hope 2014 will be much better.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Everyone gave birth!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't leave the country this year... but I went to California and Colorado for the first time.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Health - physical and spiritual.
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My birthday weekend. It was terrifying.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a full-time, permanent position after 4 years as a per-diem, float pool secretary.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Falling into a deep depression for too long. Isolating myself even more than I already was. Wallowing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had laryngitis.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A plane ticket to LA... which turned out to be a solo trip to Santa Monica. I didn't know how much I needed it at the time.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My brother, William... who graduated with his BBA in Finance from FIU.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and bullshit.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Traveling, concerts (Justin Timberlake, Jay Z, John Legend), and my FT/permanent job.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
House of Cards - Radiohead
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Unfortunately, about the same.
Fatter or thinner? Fatter.
Richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise, meditation, reading, writing...
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Crying and isolating.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas was spent at home in pajamas... dinner, opening gifts, hanging out with the family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost and Dexter and Breaking Bad and Grey's Anatomy.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I generally don't hate people.
25. What was the best book you read?
I'm not sure I even finished a book this year.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A long list of artists I found through Slacker Radio.
27. What did you want and get?
The shitty truth.
28. What did you want and not get?
Health and love and happiness.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Catching Fire, Despicable Me 2, The Spectacular Now, About Time, This is the End, Thor: The Dark World, Monsters University, etc.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I celebrated my 29th birthday a few days early in Miami. Saw a burlesque show and went to a bar with friends and family. I traveled to CO on my actual birthday.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the Lotto.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jennifer Lawrence. It's quite impossible not to love her.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
People I love.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably my hostess in Santa Monica. She was so zen and welcoming when I was internally in such a dark place.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
No matter how much your heart hurts when it breaks... you must keep moving forward. The only person who loses in the end is you if you don't stand up for yourself and keep going.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
You may feel alone when you're falling asleep
And every time tears roll down your cheeks
But I know your heart belongs to someone you've yet to meet
Someday you will be loved